The Pros and Cons of Dental Implants
Dental implants are permanent teeth that provide an option to many people for a variety of reasons. Maybe you have chronic dental problems. Maybe you have missing teeth or teeth that are failing. If you live in the Sandy area, there are some things to consider before getting them. There are many pros and a few cons to receiving dental implants. Here are just a few of them.
– They are a long-term solution that is more effective than dentures, bridges, and crowns. They can last a lifetime if they are properly cared for. This is a better guarantee than natural teeth!
– They can provide relief from chronic dental problems. They can also fill gaps from missing teeth and replace teeth that might be failing before they create further problems for your oral health.
– They fit and feel like natural teeth and function like them as well.
– You can add individual teeth, sections of teeth, or the whole mouth. -This isn’t typically an option otherwise.
– Dental implants provide health benefits to the patients in Sandy who receive them. With them, you can eat every healthy food that you would with natural teeth. This isn’t always possible with dentures or other solutions for replacing teeth.
– Improved self-esteem is one of the greatest benefits of dental implants because they can enhance aesthetics. They improve your smile. They can also preserve your jaw bone by preventing sunken facial features that are sometimes caused by having absent teeth for long periods.
– You have to worry about dentures not slipping or falling and they take consistent cleaning and gluing. Implants from a Sandy dentist are permanent and you can care for them just like you do with natural teeth.
– There is a risk of infection anytime you have a procedure done. This doesn’t exclude receiving implants. The risk of infection is small, but it is still a possibility.
– Your bone health needs to be compatible with receiving implants, so not everyone that wants them is eligible.
– The process for receiving them is pretty long and healing will take time. They aren’t a quick fix.
– It can be a large financial investment, whereas dentures and other options don’t cost quite as much money.
Dental implants are a great option for a lot of people. If you live in Sandy and are interested in seeing if your mouth meets the requirements, call a dentist near you that is reputable and performs the procedure.
Alta View Dental in Sandy offers implants as a long-term tooth replacement. Learn more and schedule your appointment with our clinic at altaviewdental.com.