Is CBD Good for Athletes?
If you are an athlete, you might be wondering if CBD could be a good choice for your training. Since athletes have to follow a rigid routine and often follow standards to ensure that they are not taking performance enhancing substances, CBD is still relatively new for many athletes to consider.
If you are an athlete, you want to know more about CBD and you know it is not in the banned substances for your level of competition, be sure to read on:
Should you use CBD as an athlete?
CBD has many benefits to the human body and it has increased in its legality across the world. CBD may be banned in a few sports leagues due to the competitive and training advantage that it can bring but for amateur athletes and athletes in certain sports, it is highly beneficial . A lot of athletes are starting to use this medication as it delivers all the benefits of the cannabis plant without having any mind-altering abilities.
If you are wondering if CBD is even allowed as it is still part of the cannabis plant, then here is your answer. In 2018 WADA removed CBD as part of prohibited drugs as it can be extracted from the plant with 0% THC in it. Therefore, if you are an athlete that wants to use CBD in oil, edible, droplet, capsule, lotion, cream, or any other form, here are some benefits.
- Help reduce pain and inflammation, which is useful since athletes have high-intensity workout routines; in oil form, it may also relax muscles if massaged.
- Strengthens the immune system, so it helps the athletes keep their body in top condition and prevent any common bacterial or viral infections.
- Help reduce anxiety and stress by interacting with serotonin to increase the feeling of well-being and happiness.
- Unlike other drugs with THC, it has no dependence properties, so you can use it without the fear of not being able to stop using it once you don’t need it.
- It helps sleep as well since it helps the body and mind relax and relieves pain and inflammation, which will help you have a more peaceful rest.
- It also assists in controlling appetite so that you can have more control over weight gain if you are worried about it.
- Increases endurance and fitness indirectly and also increases muscle gain as it prevents you from getting too tired while working out and also makes the workouts fun.
In conclusion, CBD is highly beneficial for training and recovery. Hopefully, if you were on the fence on whether to use this drug or not, this article helps you!
This post was written by Flo Sugyatno, operations manager of PureMed and CBD Expert. At PureMed we are the best providers of Best CBD Gummies! We know that the best product comes from the best ingredients. That’s why we only use local, non-GMO ingredients that are grown without pesticides! We Produce Worry-Free CBD.